Thursday 20 January 2011

Evoking The Seasons

You know, I have noticed how being born in England and being used to having an autumn and a winter, I mean a TRUE autumn and winter, has affected me for the rest of my life. I have lived here in Cyprus for 9 years now and still I can’t get used to the perpetual sunshine. It’s really hard on Christmas day when the sun is shining. I am one of those people who LOVES the winter and I get really depressed when the weather is not ‘winter-like’.

Even though I’m not a fan of the heat, I understand the need to appreciate each season as each one brings with it something magical and exciting. I have also realized that I NEED to experience all four seasons, not just my body but my soul and mind. I have realized that the seasons have a huge impact on me and I need all four to function right.

So how do I combat this? I’ve decided to work with the autumn and winter energies/elementals/deities during these months to help lift me up. I also don’t see any problem for someone who finds it hard to cope in the winter when they need the sun to work with the summer energies.

I have also decided to set up little season altars in my home, not just for the sabbats but the actual season. I am currently thinking what I have in stock which corresponds with winter but which is not belonging to Yule. I’m very excited now hehehe :P

No comments:

Post a Comment